Small Christian Communities
We read in the Acts of the Apostles how the early church members gathered in their homes to follow the teach of Jesus. “They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of bread and to the prayers.” Acts 2:42
What are Small Christian Communities?
Small Chrsitian Communities are a way of being church-a communal experience that brings the Gospel to everyday life. Because of the vitality they generate they are an integral part of the life of the church.
These communities are gatherings of 6 to 12 people who invest time with one another for the common purpose of applying gospel values to every aspect of their lives. They usually meet in homes in order to:
- Read and reflect on scripture
- Pray together
- Share faith stories
- Resolve to respond in action for the good of others
Small Christian Community members:
- Have an opportunity to witness to what the Spirit has done in their lives
- Are nourished by prayer and reflection on the Sunday Scriptures
- Come to a better understanding of their baptismal call
- As disciples of Jesus they are ready to reach out in service
- Share one another’s struggles and joys in a supportive manner
- Are supportive to one another
How can I be part of a Small Christian Community?
- Join an existing Small Christian Community
- Invite family and friends to form a new Small Christian Community
- Host a Small Christian Community in your home
For further information contact Sr. Teresa McShane, DMJ at 655-4161 or email@example.com